Expedition Beauty without borders.
He goes with a small team of adventurous Astro to explore, record, and measure the light pollution of the wonderful city of Parauna. The settlement of Paraúna took place around 1900, at Fazenda São José, on the banks of the São José stream, from of three families, namely, Ferreira (Maria Rosa Ferreira), Ferro (João Xavier Ferrro) and Moraes (Felisbino Coelho de Moraes), whose ancestry dates back to the middle of the 16th century.
The primitive name of the embryo-village was ‘‘ Bota Fumaça ’or‘ Fumaça ’. The name was never made official, but it was because the older residents related the name to the fact that the animals emit smoke through their nostrils, especially on cold days, due to the contact of the warm air of the lungs with the cold air of the environment.
With the initial toponym “Bota Fumaça”, the village became a district, since then, known as São José do Turvo, due to its location on the banks of the São José stream, which forms a bar with Rio Turvo, and part of the territory of the Municipality of Alemão, today Palmeiras de Goiás.
With the emancipation of the district of São José do Turvo, State Law No. 903, of July 7, 1930, was created, which created the Municipality of Paraúna, a name that is due to the combination of the radicals of the Tupi-Guarani language: “ PARA ”which means RIO and“ UNA “which means BLACK.
For political reasons, the municipality had a short life and was extinguished in the same year of the signing of the law of its creation, however, four years later, the restoration of the municipality took place, which was installed for the second time on November 24, 1934 (Decree No. 5,108 of 11/10/1934).
Thus, for the purpose of commemoration and historical records, the date of November 10, prevailed to commemorate the anniversary of the city and the restoration of the municipality reinstalled four years after its emancipation.
According to IBGE Paraúna it has an estimated population of 11,221 people, with a territorial area of 3,779.385 km², is located in the southeast of the interior of Goiás, in a region dominated by agriculture and livestock, 150km from Goiânia and 350km from Brasília-DF.
Paraúna has great tourist potential, due to the natural beauty it possesses, and a history surrounded by mysteries and mysticism, by the legends that the writer and researcher Alódio Tovar was in charge of divulging to the State of Goiás, ranging from the beauties of the Serra das Galés, from the Portaria, the Wall of Stone or the Stone Bridge to the fantastic stories told by the residents of the surroundings about strange beings who visit or inhabit the region.
We will show the world all the borderless beauty of Parauna,
(expedition will not have contact with the local population or make public observations, as well as observing all the guidelines of the local Sanitary authority).#GAM2021